User deleted

SPOILER (click to view)
    continuo a pensare che sia assurdo...=/

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Legends

Status
    Anonymous
    Per chi ha voglia di leggere l'inglese : sul sito della Meyer c'è questo, che spiega come mai ha bloccato Midnight Sun.
    CITAZIONE
    As some of you may have heard, my partial draft of Midnight Sun was illegally posted on the Internet and has since been virally distributed without my knowledge or permission or the knowledge or permission of my publisher.

I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique. Due to little changes I made to the manuscript at different times, I can tell when each left my possession and to whom it was given. The manuscript that was illegally distributed on the Internet was given to trusted individuals for a good purpose. I have no comment beyond that as I believe that there was no malicious intent with the initial distribution.

I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga, I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet, doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this post). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

I do want to take a moment and thank the wonderful fans who have been so supportive of me over the past three years. I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you means to me. I only hope this note will stop all the confusion and online speculation so that the Twilight universe can once again become the happy escape it used to be. After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects.

--Stephenie

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Gold User

Status
    Anonymous
    Secondo me ha fatto bene. Insomma, che palle vedere il proprio lavoro sbattuto al vento °°.

4. Uzu.
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ha fatto più che bene. Invece di arrabbiarsi con lei bisognerebbe prendersela con il furbone che ha rilasciato i manoscritti senza permesso. =/

5. Moridin
        +1   -1

User deleted

A parte che ha fatto bene; spero che questa attesa migliori il suo stile di scrittura. Il primo di Midnight Sun era scritto veramente con i piedi.

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Legends

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE
    Ieri si era diffusa una voce secondo cui Stephenie Meyer avrebbe dichiarato di aver abbandonato completamente il progetto di terminare Midnight Sun. Il Twilight Lexicon ci assicura che la storia è falsa: è ancora valido ciò che Stephenie ha detto qualche mese fa in un’intervista, cioè che tra un paio d’anni potrebbe riprendere la stesura del romanzo. Niente di nuovo su questo fronte.

Fan tranquillizzatevi, come immaginavo era un fake =)

7. -Leon
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Inako @ 31/1/2009, 00:16)
    CITAZIONE
    Ieri si era diffusa una voce secondo cui Stephenie Meyer avrebbe dichiarato di aver abbandonato completamente il progetto di terminare Midnight Sun. Il Twilight Lexicon ci assicura che la storia è falsa: è ancora valido ciò che Stephenie ha detto qualche mese fa in un’intervista, cioè che tra un paio d’anni potrebbe riprendere la stesura del romanzo. Niente di nuovo su questo fronte.

Fan tranquillizzatevi, come immaginavo era un fake =)

Errore mio :eyeda:

8. -Leon
        +1   -1

User deleted

In diretta dal Daily news così ci togliamo ogni dubbio °-°

CITAZIONE
    A leak puts the bite on ‘Twilight’

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 4:00 AM
    Stephanie Meyer, author of "The Host". DAVID STONE/Hachette Book Group via Bloomberg News

Stephanie Meyer, author of "The Host".

A leak puts the bite on ‘Twilight’

"Twilight" fans waiting to read Stephenie Meyer’s latest vampire novel had better not hold their breath: the author is still pouting about her unfinished manuscript being leaked online — and hasn’t touched the book since.

“I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on ‘Midnight Sun,’ so it is on hold indefinitely,” Meyer wrote on her Web site, stepheniemeyer.com. However, she posted the incomplete draft on her own site, reasoning, “I’d rather my fans not read this version ... the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting?”

To the chagrin of “Twilight” followers, Meyer has no further plans to resurrect the would-be juicy read. “Midnight Sun,” the fifth tome in the series, was being written from bloodsucking heartthrob Edward Cullen’s point of view.

“Nothing’s changed,” a rep for the author confirms to us. “Stephenie has no plans to move forward with ‘Midnight Sun’ at this time.”

But Meyer fanatics can anticipate an upcoming novel. “Stephenie is working on something else at the moment,” the flack reveals. “But she hasn’t announced it yet. It isn’t ‘Twilight’-related. When she’s ready to reveal it, she will. This has been an intense three years for her, and currently she’s just focusing on being a writer.”

As for how Meyer plans to protect her works in the future, her spokesperson says, “She’ll just have to be very selective about where she sends her manuscripts.”

While Edward Cullen may not get his time to shine in print, the man who portrays him on screen — British hottie Robert Pattinson — isn’t relying on Meyer’s writing skills for his income. R-Patz is taking on the role of a young Salvador Dali in “Little Ashes,” which comes complete with some steamy male-on-male scenes.

The film, which will hit theaters in March, is rated R for “sexual content, language and a brief disturbing image.” Of course, we can’t really imagine anything more disturbing than a vampire with teenage angst, either.

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Legends

Status
    Anonymous
    Traduci in poche parole, mi annoia leggere l'inglese D:

10. Fantasy_95™
        +1   -1

User deleted

Così mi crei più dubbi Leon XD comunque ha fatto bene la Meyer

11. -Leon
        +1   -1

User deleted

Traduzione (per la gioia di tutti ù.u)

CITAZIONE
    Una falla mette un morso su "Twilight"

I fans di Twilight ,che stavano aspettando di leggere l'ultimo libro/storia della Meyer riguardo i vampiri,farebbero meglio a non bloccare il loro respire:l'autrice sta ancora facendo il broncio riguardo il suo manoscritto incompleto about divulgato online- e da allora non ha toccato il libro. (*nda:spero che la traduzione di questa ultima frase sia giusta).

“Io mi sento troppo triste riguardo cosa è successo per continuare a lavorare su to continue working così è bloccato fino a non so quando”
    Così la Meyer ha scritto sul sito stepheniemeyer.com. Comunque, lei ha postato il manoscritto sul suo stesso sito, ragionando, “Vorrei che i fans non leggessero questa versione ... lo scritto è disordinato,difettoso e pieno di errori. Ma come posso commentare questa violazione senza guidare altre persone verso la lettura della copia illegale?”

Per il gran dispiacere dei fans della serie "Twilight", la Meyer non ha ancora piani per resuscitare il succoso scritto voluto da molti -*nda: ecco, su quest'ultima frase sono molto in dubbio.-
    “Midnight Sun,” il quinto libro della serie, è stato scritto dal punto di vista del succhiasangue Edward Cullen.

“Niente è cambiato,” ci ha confermato un rappresentanto dell'autrice. “Stephenie non ha nessun piano di proseguire in futuro il libro.”

Ma i fanatici della Meyer posso anticipare una storia ventura. “Stephenie sta lavorando su altro al momento,” rivela il rappresentante. “Ma non l'ha ancora annunciato. Non è affine alla serie dei vampiri. Quando sarà pronta a rivelarlo, lo farà. Questi sono stati tre intensi anni per lei, e attualmente sta ancora ragionando sull'essere uno scrittore.”

Per quanto riguarda i piani della Myer per proteggere i suoi lavori in future, il suo portavoce ha detto, “Lei dovrà essere molto selettiva riguardo le persone a cui mandare il manoscritto.”

Mentre Edward Cullen non finità in stampa-*nda: frase che ho capito poco, l'uomo che lo rappresenta sul grande schermo— l'inglese focoso (*nda:focoso è la traduzione di hottie :look: ) Robert Pattinson —non conta sulle capacità di scrittura della Meyer per il suo reddito. R-Patz sta prendendo il ruolo del giovane Salvador Dali in “Little Ashes,” che vedrà la fine con delle scene spinte con "maschio su maschio".

Il film, che uscirà nelle sale a marzo, è giudicato R-*nda: R dovrebbe corrispondere al nostro pallino rosso- per “contenuti di sesso, linguaggio e brevi immagini che potrebbero inquietare.” Di sicuro, noi veramente non possiamo immaginare niente di più inquietante di un vampiro con una teenager vicino, ancora.

25 replies since 7/12/2008, 01:56   1058 views